I am Nakul Verma, the name given to me by my parents at the time of my birth without actually consulting me. Obviously I like my name…unlike those earlier days of my childhood…when the TV was on for the serial MAHABHARATA, I started complaining about my name because there was a character in MAHABHARATA named Nakula who was very elderly looking with heavy moustaches on his face unlike Krishna, clean-shaven and Young . I hate that character and so my name Nakul.



Mom always ignored me by a smile. Every time I watch Mahabharata especially elderly looking ‘Nakula’…i raise this issue…but nobody cares for me and my issue at that time because everybody was busy in ‘their favorite’ MAHABHARATA. Everybody in the family watch that serial…even my granny.  Only two members who were not interested at all were me and my Dad. But as time passed…i started loving my name…still loves and will. I didn’t know the meaning of my name until one day my class teacher asked me during scolding me for some activity that I dont remember exactly. Then I came to know that the literal meaning of my name Nakul is ‘most handsome in the lineage‘…for the first time. While searching the meaning of my name I read about special skills of ‘Nakula’, feeling of affection and respect automatically generated from my inner and i no longer hate that character we should not forget that Nakula had electrifying skills of horse riding, astrology and Aurveda….but I am still in doubt…”MAHABHARATA was real”? But I don’t want to spoil my brain over this highly debating question…because it might hurt feelings of anyone of you. Some stupid people mis-interpret the meaning of my name as “mongoose”, but those “lowest minds” should understand that it is NAKULAHA in Sanskrit which means ‘a mongoose’, not Nakul. Few day ago, one of my friends gave me a ‘hot’ and extra-ordinary explanation of my name. According to her
Nakul=Na(no)+ kul(cool)
Nakul=no + Cool
Nakul=HOT
WOW! What a great explanation of my name…i m glad, neither me nor my parents ever think about this type of explanation of ‘Nakul’ before. What a great sense of humor she possesses!! She truly deserves to be an Engineer.
The other most commonly happened incident due to my name is- when I meet somebody for the first time, after asking my name they’ll definitely question “where is Sehdev?” or “oh! Nakul-Sehdev??” and start giggling as if it was a joke. But, as I am an obedient child of my parents, I always wore a fake smile on my face irrespective of irritation inside me. I am used to of it now and so no irritation.
The word Nakul is a result of the word Nakula. Actually there is no difference between Nakula and Nakul. The ‘a’ followed by Nakul is just because it was an epic and Nakul is some real character in this real world. This was the short action which I have experienced because of my name…How Lucky I am.and only few lucky people have such names…:)



No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I am a passionate blogger. I love Internet surfing and reading & writing about technology and fiction. I have my own ambitions and dreams and working continuously to achieve them. Last and most important I like to stand what I believe in.:)

Popular Posts

Designed By Seo Blogger Templates