Excerpt: By the River Piedra I Sat down and Wept


But it will be easy to be in control because I'm not too emotional, I thought. Anyone who
can conquer her heart can conquer the world.
Con un poema y un trombó
a develarte el corazón
To lose my heart to you with a poem and a trombone. I wish I didn't have to control my
heart. If I could surrender, even if only for a weekend, this rain falling on my face would
feel different. If love were easy, I would be embracing him now, and the words of his
song would be our story. If Zaragoza weren't waiting for me after the holidays, I'd want
to stay drunk and be free to kiss him, caress him, say the things and hear the things that
lovers say and do to each other.
But no! I can't. I don't want to.
Salgamos a volar, querida mia, the song says.
Yes, let's fly away. But under my conditions.



No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I am a passionate blogger. I love Internet surfing and reading & writing about technology and fiction. I have my own ambitions and dreams and working continuously to achieve them. Last and most important I like to stand what I believe in.:)

Popular Posts

Designed By Seo Blogger Templates